Many small things influence our lives; and not paying attention to them can sometimes have disastrous consequences, especially when it comes to safety. Fortunately, most of us have been trained to keep an eye out for the “big hazards” that could cause injury. But, sometimes, it’s the little or unnoticed hazards that can cause us the greatest harm.
If everyone took the time to pay attention to all of the potential hazards around us and then fix them or report them, we could prevent some of these workplace injuries even some of the more serious ones.
Here’s what we all need to remember:
Is this Hazardous?
It’s important to follow through and fix or report these “little things.” Little things do matter especially when someone gets hurt because of that “little thing.”
As you begin work, ask yourself:
- Do I have the right tools/equipment for the job?
- Have I inspected my tools/equipment to make sure they are in good repair or am I trying to get by?
- Is the work laid out to provide safe completion of the job?
- Are the materials I am using safe, and do I need additional personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, hard hat, or respirator, etc.?
- Is there a safer way to accomplish the task?
- Are all necessary equipment guards in place?
IT’S BETTER TO LOSE A MINUTE IN LIFE…THAN TO LOSE LIFE IN A MINUTE!
Download flyer: STOTW_618_Be Aware of Hazards Download Spanish flyer: STOTW_618_Be Aware of Hazards_esp