Electric pallets jacks are one of the most useful pieces of equipment within our company. If used correctly, they are highly efficient and can increase a picker’s hourly case pick rate by 50%.
Know how to use the power controls and brakes properly. Use the forks and attachments correctly. Always inspect the equipment prior to each use; never operate an electric pallet jack if it is malfunctioning.
Electric pallet jacks are easy and safe to operate as long as the best practices below are followed:
- Prior to operating an electric pallet jack, always fill out the pre-operation inspection sheet. This will ensure you are using an electric power jack that is in good mechanical condition.
- If the electric power jack does not pass the pre-operation inspection, do not use it and report the malfunctioning equipment to your supervisor immediately.
- Always be cautious of the wide swing of the electric power jack. Keep your body, especially your feet and ankle, clear of the jack.
- When operating the electric pallet jack always face the direction of travel, do not walk backwards.
- An electric pallet jack should never be operated on a ramp.
- The red button on the operation handle is an emergency reverse. This button will prevent the electric pallet jack from running you over.
- The electric pallet jack, with a full load, can weigh as much as a car. You cannot stop, push, or drag the electric pallet jack. Never use your body to stop the electric pallet jack.
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED…ALWAYS BE PROTECTED!!
Download flyer: STOTW_722_Safety with Electric Pallet Jacks Download Spanish flyer: STOTW_722_Safety with Electric Pallet Jacks_esp